Sunday, April 27, 2014

Art Journal or Sketchbook Journal?

I recently came across an old post from 2010 over at A Penchant For Paper. In this post Heather wrote that she wanted to work more in her sketchbook, honing her drawing and sketching skills. She then proceeded to ask, "Do you keep an art journal or sketchbook journal?"

This got me thinking, I've always used my art journals for collages, poetry, quotes, painting; as well as drawing and sketching. Since drawing and sketching are forms of art, I never thought to have a dedicated sketchbook. I sketch in my art journal, because I love art in all forms and want to showcase that in my journals. So I guess I keep an art journal sketchbook. ^_^ I had no idea that other people didn't do this.

This is a spread from my Art Journal/Sketchbook. Close ups below, along with blurbs about each page.


The Mandala you may have seen in this earlier post, but I added the bubbly quote. It reads, "Happiness depends upon the Quality of your Thoughts".


The opposing page was painted with craft paint (in green, orange, and turquoise), using a card. It features some song lyrics by Cat Stevens, and a few simple drawings/doodles with charcoal pencils. The purple and white dots were made by dipping my finger into the paint and lightly pressing onto the page.


A few pages on from there, you will find a sketch by me. Showcased here. I've since added to the page with words/quotes and doodles.

Whatever you want to call it; sketchbook, art journal, art journal sketchbook. Doesn't matter to me, it's all art. So no matter what form of art I choose to do, I will do it in my art journal. ^_^

Until next time, Embrace your Creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...