Saturday, April 19, 2014

Upcycled Art Supply Holders

What can you make with cracker/cereal boxes and toilet paper rolls? Art Supply Holders of course. It's a pretty easy process with supplies you probably already have. I used an exacto knife to cut the boxes down to the size I desired. Then wrapped them in scrapbook paper coated with a bit of mod podge. Did the same to the toilet paper rolls. Simply inserted the tp rolls into the box I cut to the same length as the tp rolls. Then decorate if desired, and that's it. New pen, pencil, marker, brush holders. Easy, functional, and all your own.

Here are two of the holders I made...

The first is for pens that must lie flat. (microns, sakura gel pens, etc)
I covered it in decorative paper, wrote Art Pens with Sakura Stardust Pens, and added a puffy butterfly sticker.

The second is for things that can be stored upright. (pencils, paint brushes, etc)

One of the paper covered rolls used inside the case to separate supplies.

They're quite useful. I plan to make more as I rebuild my art supply collection.

Until next time, embrace your creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...