Saturday, April 26, 2014

Crochet Halter Tops

Last spring I crocheted some halter tops, I plan to make more at some point. They were inspired by the tops some festival-goers wear, I'd seen them years ago. I loved the style and thought to myself; you could make that. So I attempted it, and just loved how they turned out. I used to sell them at shows and festivals. I decided it was time to make them again, so I got started.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a mannequin or model, and laying them flat (to take photos) doesn't really do them justice. I'd rather not be my own model, so I never shared the tops online. I would love to own a mannequin for that purpose, but I'm not in the budget to be buying such an expensive piece right now. So, what's a girl to do?

Wait an entire year, wondering how to make it work. Amidst all the chaos that is my life, it can be difficult to come up with solutions. Not wanting to waste another year with the tops and other things packed in a box in the closet, I decided my only choice is to lay them flat. I'd make my own mannequin, but lack of supplies and workspace has prevented that.

So, without further ado, here are two of the tops I was working on. The designs are rather simple, since these are the first two I've made in years.


Until next time, Embrace your Creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...