Saturday, March 8, 2014

Crafting Up A Storm...

In honor of National Craft Month, I'm going to try to post something new each day. But please don't hold me to that. I'm a mommy, I can be very forgetful sometimes. Not to mention, I've made it a priority to find time for crafting; often finding myself lost in it.. which leads me to forget to post. Please bear with me, and check back often for new crafty goodness.

First up, my munchkin and I made some homemade clay a few weeks ago.

Here's the clay. It's an easy recipe, I will share it in another post. Anyway...

With it we made a little clay bunny and ducky. Using nothing but our hands and a plastic toothpick. My clay tools were missing in action. (I've since found them, yay!) The homemade clay cracked a bit while drying, so I think I'm going to Zentangle® the entire surface area of both with a fine sharpie. Here they are unfinished...

As you can see, they cracked quite a bit (due to the dry heat in my home I presume). I'm sure they can be salvaged though. Moving on...

Next up, since we're on the topic of Zentangle®; I've been drawing/doodling lately. Some of it has been ZIA (Zentangle® Inspired Art). One of my upcoming posts will be dedicated to that. In the meantime, for your viewing pleasure.. a tangle I made last week.

Can you see my little snail friend that came to life from a simple spiral? Haha, I just noticed that it looks like he's admiring the tangle. ^_^ Cute.

An upcycled cereal box, now a book/file/paper storage folder. I covered it in turquoise acrylic paint, then using a black marker I doodled swirly trees, and finished by adding washi tape on the cut edges. Here it is...

I don't much care for the little tree on the left of the big tree. Not pleased with how it turned out, but that's ok.

I took some photos of some barefoot sandals I crocheted and beaded. They'll be available for purchase in my online store, hopefully soon. I have to find the time to upload images and post descriptions. Anyway, here's a sneak preview of three pairs of barefoot sandals.


In order by appearance.. Azalea Barefoot Sandals, Blue Dream Barefoot Sandals, Dogwood Cinnabar Barefoot Sandals. I hope you like them, I know I do. ^_^

That's all for today. I have to make dinner and put my munchkin to bed soon, so I'm off. Thanks for visiting. Until next time, keep on crafting.

**The Zentangle® method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle®" is a registered trademark of Zentangle®, Inc.
Learn more at zentangle.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...